I know that I am not a great cook, my husband knows I am not a great cook (he is a great sport). This recipe we both agree is my pride and my joy. It is literally the best crepe recipe of all time. When I first started making it I didn’t have access to a blender (I was a poor college student) and found a way to make it without using a blender. I have my adaption below. The original recipe comes from Jourdan at The Little Yellow Barn.
Serving Size: 10-15 crepes
1/2 Cup Melted Butter
1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 to 1 & 1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/3 Cup of Sugar
Dash of Salt
1 Cup of Flour
1. Melt 1/2 cup butter
2. Let the butter sit and cool down. Set aside
3. Crack 4 eggs and pour 1/4 cup of water into a mixing bowl and mix.
4. Stir in 1 cup of milk and 1 to 1 & 1/2 tsp of Vanilla.
5. Sprinkle and mix 1/3 cup of sugar and a dash of salt.
6. Make sure everything is mixed well.
7. Sift the flour and sprinkle it in while mixing it into the batter. Make sure to whisk your heart out so that it gets mixed in. It can get chunky if you’re not careful.
8. Mix in 1/2 Cup of melted butter. Make sure to mix it up.
9. Cover and refrigerate the batter for at least 30 minutes.
9. Heat up the pan to medium heat and spray it with cooking spray or melt butter.
10. Pour just enough batter to coat a THIN layer in the pan. Below I have pictures and a GIF to better explain.
11. Swirl the batter around in the pan so that it is even.
12. Let it cook for about 10-15 seconds and flip.
13. Let the other side cook for about 10-15 seconds. The first crepe usually looks pretty bad so don’t stress out (that is usually the cooks tip, still tastes great).
14. Top with fruit, nutella, etc… and sprinkle powder sugar.
15. Bon appetite
*If batter is chunky use a hand puree or blender to get ride of them.
Instructions with Pictures once the batter is made.
1. Make sure the pan is heated up (Medium heat)
2. Pour a THIN layer of batter into the pan.
3. Swirl the batter around so that it evenly coats the pan.
4. Let it cook for 10 to 15 seconds and flip.
Add your favorite toppings or eat them plain.
Let me know how it turns out.
Have a splendid day,