For those of you who don’t know Craniversary is a one year anniversary for brain surgery. On January 20th 2016 it was my husbands 1 year Craniversary. On November 2014 he was diagnosed with a prolactin secreting pituitary tumor and was later scheduled with brain surgery on January 20th, 2015 to get it removed. It was a very difficult time in my life to see him go through such a scary surgery, and to see him in so much pain. Luckily the neurosurgeons were able to remove Pat (we named his tumor) without any problems and he is now living a healthy life.
Being his 1 year anniversary I decided to go all out. I love to celebrate and I decided that it would be fun to make it a fun celebration. While he was at work I made him a “Happy Craniversary” Banner (I have some links below to make your own), and I made him a jello Brain. Later that evening we met our families for dinner at Red Lobster and celebrated his life.
I am so beyond thankful for my husband and for modern medicine. He is a trooper and my hero.
Here are the downloads for the banner.
Banner (I found this from Google)
Happy Craniversary (I made this one myself, and I added an extra N
for those who want Cranniversary instead of Craniversary.)
- Card stock
- Scrapbook Paper
- Click on Happy Craniversary and Banner for a free download
- Print them out (I used card stock) and cut them out
- Use the Banner outline and use it as a stencil for your pennants on paper of your choice.
- Glue the letters onto the pennants
- Hole punch two holes at the top for the ribbon.
- String the ribbon through the holes
I hope you all have a splendid day,