I recently graduated from Utah State University with a Bachelors degree in human development. Due to a crazy couple weeks of work I put off finding my graduation dress to the day before graduation. *Insert Dramatic Gasp* I ended up spending all day searching long and hard for a dress that was actually long enough. I got super frustrated part way through because almost every dress I tried on was just barely too short. With my religious beliefs I wear temple garments which makes it so my dresses and shorts need to be a certain length. Being a tall girl it can sometimes make it difficult to find dress/skirts/shorts that are long enough. However, I proudly wear them and they are beyond worth the extra effort.
As far as finding the perfect graduation dress last minute here are a few tips.
- Try on as many dresses as you can.
- Don’t be afraid to try a new pattern. I actually didn’t like how the dress I picked looked on the hanger. However I gave it a try and it ended up being the dress.
- Don’t be afraid to ask friends or workers for opinions.
- Make a decision… Don’t be indecisive!
- Don’t be afraid to try something unique.
If you have any tips for finding last minute outfits let me know.
For some reason I am making a fist in both of these pictures…
Shop This Look
Have yourself a splendid day,