In general being a tall girl and finding clothes that fit is difficult. Finding a wedding dress that’s long enough doesn’t have to be impossible. I have paired up with my three fabulous tall sisters to share all the tips that we learned throughout finding our perfect wedding dress.
Tall Girl Wedding Dress Tips
- Start your wedding dress search ahead of time so that it can be ordered in tall.
- Budget extra for alterations
- Order a size up to add length and bring it in.
- I got my dress in a size 6 instead of a 4 (3 years ago I was a lurp) and took it in to add some length.
- Get your wedding dress stretched
- Apparently it’s a thing. Sarah got her wedding dress stretched to add length.
- If you plan on wearing heels bring them to get the official length
- Don’t be afraid to try on everything. Most dresses have a hem that can be taken out to add length.
- Custom order your dress
- Don’t stress yourself out
- Most important have fun!
The Farr Girls
Rachel: Photographer Amy Chamberlain
Sarah: Photographer Kelly Sansom
Me: Photographer Casey McFarland
Bethany: Photographers Whitney Brailsford & Emmy Lowe
Have yourself a splendid day,